Wednesday, August 8, 2012

MUSIC

   There are so many different types of music out there; jazz, rap, pop and so on and so forth. How do we come to love just one type of music? I myself never could. I love songs from every single genre out there.
For example, some of my favorite bands/people are:
  Daft Punk
  Black Keys
  Boston
  Lynyrd Skynyrd
  Bing Crosby
  Jason Mraz
  (LOOK AT THAT VARIETY)
-Little known fact: I spent most of my childhood listening to Ludacris, Outkast, eminem, Limp Bizkit, Creed, Jock Jams, country music and *NSYNC. And you wonder why I'm so weird.
   One type that I could never tire of no matter how much I listen to it is southern rock (Lynyrd Skynyrd, Pure Prairie League, The Allman Brothers, The Doobie Brothers, Marshall Tucker Band) because it reminds me of good times and happiness way back in the day. I used to listen to a cd with all of those bands when I was little and on my way to the beach with my family and I ALWAYS had a fantastic time.
   My guess is that we closely relate music we like to the emotions we are feeling when listening. If you listen to the Beach Boys whenever you go to the beach, chances are they put you in a good mood when you listen to them at home. If you listen to techno when you work out, you'll probably get energetic whenever you listen to it. If you relate rap to violence, you prob won't enjoy listening to it ever. It's all psychological. Don't think... Just listen and enjoy.
   What is so wrong with listening to every single genre out there? I like to fall asleep listening to the 5000 songs on my Zune on shuffle. This usually brings me anything from Christmas music to dubstep to dubstep Christmas music XD but I loooooove everything I listen to. There is absolutely nothing wrong with not being able to stick to one type of music.
   "Chickity china the Chinese chicken, have a drumstick and your brain stops tickin".... I don't care who you are, that's fun to say. (It's 'One Week' by Barenaked Ladies).
   Someone I know told me she liked The Fray and even though I don't usually listen to bands like them, I gave it a try. And you know what? IT WASN'T BAD. So now I listen to them and others of the same quality all because I gave em a try. What I'm trying to say is forget about your opinions and just listen to everything. GEEZE IT'S NOT THAT HARD PEOPLE.
   So whether you are feeling relaxed or if you need a kick start to your day, there is always music to listen to. Don't discriminate music... You're only depriving yourself from enjoyment!

~This isn't the only thing I wonder about. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment