Saturday, July 21, 2012

I AM NOT DEFIANT, MOM

  Here's an odd problem... Ever since the first time I was yelled at by my father, I have not been able to stop myself from smirking and eventually cracking up while he or my mom lectures me. It's not that I am not taking them seriously or anything. I think that everything they say is important for my future and so that I don't end up living as a bum in Baltimore (they have a lot there). 
  Just the other day my dad was saying how great I am when I devote myself, but that now I am just a lazy teenager who has no ambition in life. I realized he was serious, but felt a smile coming on. Then I burst out laughing. As if he thought I was laughing at him, he lectured me in rage about how I will never survive on my own in college. Seriously. 
  My mom swears each day I'm getting more and more rebellious. But I am not a defiant kid. I just can't help but smile in awkward situations. I think it's funny that I'm doing something completely unexpected, I guess. Who expects someone to start laughing in the middle of yelling?! NOBODY. That's just a weird thing to do. I wonder if I'm weird.

~This is not the only thing I wonder about. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment