Sunday, July 22, 2012

UMPIRES

   About 97% of umpires I have ever had were terrible. Like why do they even get paid money to do such a bad job at making calls? We've got one guy who thinks he's a major league umpire with his 2 inch strike zone and another guy who makes calls in the field before plays are even over! This is a sub 20 year old league. We are not professionals. If it's that hard to make a right call, quit your jobs and hang out with Jim Joyce (see Armando Galarraga's 'perfect game'). 
   What is it that makes umpiring so difficult...?
   Methinks it is a result of their childhood. They are out to spite every player aspiring to be a somebody because they were never good at baseball as children. Or that they were good and had a career ending injury that they were always upset about and the only way they could reach out with their pain was by making bad calls. That last one is a stretch. Umpires have no souls.
   I hope this has been eye opening for all of us. For you see, no world can exist where players <3 umpires. It's a part of the game. 
   Sorry for the hatred expressed in writing. Some umpires made me mad today. Good thing I won't see them again for a couple months! Good for them, I mean... 

~This is not the only thing I wonder about. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment